Locations:: Columbus or Toledo
Job Type: Part Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review daily lesson plans and prepare materials at least once per week in advance and communicate any concerns/ideas to Site Manager.
- Establish positive relationships with students, school staff, families and ASAS supporters.
- Maintain an inviting, safe, orderly environment that is conducive to student learning.
- Deliver LiFEsports curriculum during the health and fitness hour each day and participate in quarterly LiFEsports training.
- Supervise students at all times and follow the site specific behavior management plan when disciplining students.
- Hold high expectations for students and make programming and discipline decisions based on students’ needs and interests.
- Complete daily attendance accurately and report absentees to the Site Manager.
- Report disruptive behavior to the Site Manager and document infractions immediately.
- Assist with the distribution, supervision, and cleanup of meals in the cafeteria.
- Ensure cleanliness of classrooms, auditorium, and other areas utilized by programming.
- Attend weekly staff meetings provided by ASAS.
- Attend professional developments during non programming days.
- Must have a clear FBI and BCI&I background check.
- Experience – a familiarity with leading sports activities, and working in an after school, day camp or youth outreach setting
- Specialized Knowledge – A familiarity with diverse populations, and a passion for working with at-risk youth
- Skills – Microsoft Office, excellent organizational skills & self management skills
- Abilities – Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with ASAS, school staff, and community partners; ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity toward others; ability to follow directions, but take initiative when necessary, as well as respond to critical incidents and act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Other Characteristics: self-reflective, open to feedback
- Professional Certification: None
- Education – High School Graduation or equivalency is required
- Physical Factors – Incumbent is required to stand, sit, and walk throughout the workday. Incumbent could be required to run or engage in sports activities with students.
- Working Conditions – Local travel may be required between corporate office and school site on a daily basis. Moderate environment (business office and/or school). May be required to work weekends and evenings.