POSITION: Program Leader
ORGANIZATION: After-School All-Stars
LOCATION: Columbus or Toledo
Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars provides free, daily afterschool programs to over
90,000 youth in over 450 school sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our vision is for our All Stars to be safe and healthy, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a career they love, and to give back to their communities. We achieve this by identifying and fueling our students’ individual passions, tying their interests to tailored academic support, and offering enrichment and health and fitness programming. After-School All-Stars gives its students a safe-haven during the hours of 3pm-6pm—the time of day when youth violence, drug use and other delinquent behaviors are most likely to occur. By creating caring youth adult relationships and incorporating service learning into all that we do, we help our All-Stars gain the confidence, skills and role models they need to become leaders in their community.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY:
ASAS is currently seeking a passionate and talented instructors. Reporting to the Site Coordinator (SC), Program Leaders are responsible for developing lesson plans, managing classrooms, ensuring safety of students, and facilitating daily implementation of each program. Programs may include but are not limited to: Sports, STEM, Coding, Cooking & Nutrition, Outdoor Education, Creative Arts, and Academic Support. Teaching responsibilities require Program Leader presence on campus Monday through Thursday from 3:00pm-6:00pm. All part-time positions follow the local school district calendar, and candidates should expect fewer assignments during holiday breaks.
- Review course curriculum, daily lesson plans and prepare materials
- Establish positive relationships with students, school staff, families, and ASAS supporters
- Create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful, and stimulating environment conducive to student learning
- Supervise students at all times and follow the site specific behavior management plan when disciplining students
- Hold high expectations for students and mke programming and discipline decisions based on the students’ needs and interests
- Complete daily attendance accurately
- Assist with the distribution, supervision, and cleanup of meals in the cafeteria
- Esure cleanliness of classrooms, auditorium, and other areas utilized by programming
- Travel with students for planned field trips and special events
- Participate in facilitated reviews and student progress monitoring meetings for attendance, academics, and social emotional learning
- Maintain professional and positive relationships with school staff, partners, students, parents, and volunteers
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Program Leader will embody ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, collaborative, transparent, accountable, and proactive.
- A passion for ASAS’ mission and familiarity with issues impacting the youth and communities we serve
- A familiarity with leading sports activities, and working in an afterschool, day camp or youth outreach setting
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated to continual learning and development
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing position needs and shifting organizational priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others as well as respond to critical incidents and emergency situations with swift and mindful action
- Strong computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- High School Graduation or equivalent is required.
- Availability to work occassionally on Fridays, evenings or weekens for field trips and special events
- Must clear FBI and local background checks
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The position is part-time, nonexempt, 17.5 hours per week. The salary for this position is $12-14 per hour.
ASAS is an equal opportunity employer and candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM LEADER ROLE:
Please submit a resume and cover letterin PDF format via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should be in PDF format and indicate how your experience is in direct alignment with the mission and vision of After-School All-Stars Ohio. Please put “Program Leader, COL” for Columbus or “Program Leader, TOL” for Toledo, along with your last name in the subject heading.