Locations: Cleveland, Columbus or Toledo, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Director of Programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Maintain a clear and consistent line of communication with program staff, school administration, and parents.
- Establish a strong collaborative relationship with school administration and staff.
- Design course plans and lesson plans that incorporate student interests, build skills, are developmentally appropriate, and integrate Common Core Standards.
- Responsible for maintaining student participation and average daily attendance of 100 students throughout the year via recruitment and retention activities, including “student voice and choice” strategies.
- Serve as a liaison with school personnel and community groups to maintain positive public and working relations of program with community partners.
- Plan a minimum of 4 family nights that engage families during the school year based on site placement.
- Visit after-school program classrooms on a daily basis.
- Create and implement a clear behavior plan with systems for rewards and consequences.
- Utilize appropriate discipline measures when students do not meet behavioral expectations.
- Address student behavioral trends by implementing procedures and activities that support their behavioral growth.
- Create and distribute monthly programming newsletter to school staff, students, parents, and ASAS staff
- Guide and support Program Leaders in lesson planning and lesson execution for enrichment and LiFE Sports programming.
- Execute meals and maintain meal records according to Children’s Hunger Alliance policies.
- Recruit, hire, and train a team of Program Leaders, Interns, and Certified Teachers and keep staff informed of all organization wide issues as necessary.
- Review performance of Program Leaders, Interns, and Certified Teachers and provide weekly written feedback.
- Identify, plan, and execute regular professional developments for Interns, Program Leaders and Certified Teachers including an orientation in September.
- Complete all required reports and submit according to organization and grant deadlines.
- Acquire and coordinate program equipment, supplies, and facilities.
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices.
- Expected to work our annual week long overnight camp called CampUs.
- Expected to work our annual weekend event called the LiFEsports Games.
- Must complete, First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
Note: Any or all of these duties may be modified; changed, or deleted or new duties may be assigned or might be required to perform other duties either temporarily or permanently at any time with or without notice.
State the minimum levels required to successfully perform the job. These are the qualifications that are necessary for someone to be considered for the position.
- Experience – A familiarity with leading sports activities; Experience working in an after school, day camp, or youth outreach setting; Management
- Specialized knowledge – A familiarity with diverse populations and passion for working with at-risk youth; A familiarity with quality criteria for after-school programs
- Skills – Microsoft Office, Excellent organizational and self management skills
- Abilities – Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness; Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others; Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics – Self-reflective; Open to feedback; Creativity/Innovation
- Professional Certification – None
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required.
Physical Factors: Incumbent is required to stand, sit, and walk throughout the workday. Incumbent could be required to run or engage in sports activities with students.
Working Conditions: State-wide travel may be required between corporate office, branch offices, and school site on a quarterly basis. Nationwide travel may be required between corporate office and ASAS National offices on a yearly basis. Moderate environment (business and/or school). May be required to work weekends and evenings.
**Starting base salary range is $36,000.00 and commensurate with qualifications and experience. ASAS offers competitive benefits including, but not limited to health, dental, vision, and retirement savings plan. This position may include a cell phone stipend.**