Position: Site Coordinator – Part Time
Organization: After-School All-Stars
Location: Toledo, OH
Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars provides free, daily afterschool programs to over 90,000 youth in over 450 school sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our vision is for our All Stars to be safe and healthy, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a career they love, and to give back to their communities. We achieve this by identifying and fueling our students’ individual passions, tying their interests to tailored academic support, and offering enrichment and health and fitness programming. After-School All-Stars gives its students a safe-haven during the hours of 3pm-6pm—the time of day when youth violence, drug use and other delinquent behaviors are most likely to occur. By creating caring youth adult relationships and incorporating service learning into all that we do, we help our All-Stars gain the confidence, skills and role models they need to become leaders in their community.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY:
ASAS is currently seeking an exceptional and dynamic leader for the part-time position of Site Coordinator. Reporting to the Program Manager (PM), the Site Coordinator’s general responsibilities include daily operation of the after-school program, including, but not limited to: overseeing program staff, consistent monitoring of an after-school site, tracking daily student attendance and executing general program operations.
The Site Coordinator (SC) will demonstrate the ability to lead and coach program staff to accomplish chapter and funder objectives. This position requires relationship-building and collaboration skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and a commitment to the mission and culture of ASAS.
• With the support of the PM, implement after-school programming at one school site in accordance with ASAS Ohio mission, goals, chapter initiatives, and grant objectives
• In collaboration with PM, develop, collect and review lesson plans for content and effective planning
• Create and implement a clear behavior plan to manage student behavior
• Plan and implement family engagement events and student field trips
• Implement SEL strategies through program design
• Oversee the collection of site data for program assessments and evaluations
• Hire, train, and manage a team of 4-8 part-time Program Leaders and interns to ensure delivery of high quality, comprehensive programming
• Establish a strong collaborative relationship and consistent line of communication with school
administration, school staff, community programs, program staff and parents
• In collaboration with the PM, engage external partners, volunteers and stakeholders in after-school programming in accordance with the strategic plan of ASAS Ohio
• Attend CampUs (a week-long overnight summer camp) where you will stay overnight and
implement the curriculum, manage student behavior, and supervise staff
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Site Coordinator will embody ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, collaborative, transparent,
accountable, and proactive.
- A passion for ASAS’ mission and familiarity with issues impacting the youth and communities we serve
- Experience working in nonprofit/educational programs and/or nonprofit program evaluation in highly valued
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated to continual learning and development
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing position needs and shifting organizational priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others as well as respond to critical incidents and emergency situations with swift and mindful action
- Strong computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Some college coursework is required; Coursework in education, social or human services, child development, or related field is desirable
- Availability to work occassionally on Fridays, evenings or weekends for field trips and special events
- Must clear FBI and local background checks
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The position is part-time, nonexempt, 25 hours per week. The salary for this position is $18 per hour.
ASAS is an equal opportunity employer and candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SITE COORDINATOR PART-TIME ROLE:
Please submit a resume and cover letter in PDF format via e-mail to: email@example.com. Your
cover letter should be in PDF format and indicate how your experience is in direct alignment with the
mission and vision of After-School All-Stars Ohio. Please put “Site Coordinator” and your last name in
the subject heading.